The process of designing your own website is not a simple one.
You have to think about your product, understand your target audience, create the right kind of engaging content, and then find the ideal design to neatly incorporate all these aspects together. On top of all that, you need to consider how to best market your site. How will people hear about it?
This is where SEO comes into play.
In a Nutshell
- SEO friendly website builder is essential for achieving significant organic traffic
- Web.com, Squarespace, and BigCommerce all do the SEO work for you
- Web.com is extremely easy to use and has robust tools for SEO
- BigCommerce has a wealth of SEO tools for e-commerce sites
- Squarespace is great for building mobile websites; this is an important aspect of SEO
The Fundamentals of SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
It’s the process of ensuring that your website ranks as highly as possible for relevant search terms.
For instance, if you sell tennis rackets online, you want your website to appear near the top of the list whenever someone Googles the term “tennis rackets.” An SEO-friendly website builder will help you to assemble and organize your site in a way that’s attractive to search engines.
Think about it this way.
A website that appears on the front page of Google search results potentially receives a lot of traffic while a website on the second page receives almost none.
Search engine algorithms are made up of many factors, and your site landing on the first page is a function of your site’s relevance in accordance with the search engine’s algorithm. Some aspects of SEO are easy to control on your end. For instance, by writing engaging content with the right keywords, you can draw in traffic and appeal to the search engine spiders that crawl your website in search of relevance.
However, many other aspects of SEO are buried within the meta content and hidden within the site’s code.
- Your XML sitemap
- Your HTML sitemap
- Your robots.txt file
- Your meta tags for pages and images
- Your URL structure
- Your microformats
- Your breadcrumb navigation
- Your site’s mobile friendliness
- SSL certificates
When you use an SEO-friendly website builder, you can ensure that every aspect of your site is properly optimized.
After comparing more than a dozen of the highest-rated website builders, we’ve determined the following to be best for SEO:
1. Skyy Ghana – A Simple SEO Solution
Skyy Ghana is a great website builder for those looking to create a business-oriented website. With many robust tools and services to help generate traffic, the do-it-yourself website builder is very easy to use.
A simple point-and-click interface makes it easy to select a template that appeals to you and customize the different elements to suit the kind of website you’re designing.
With Skyy Ghana, you’ll have the SEO advantage thanks to:
- Easy meta tag creation. Adding meta titles and meta descriptions is a breeze with Web.com. These tags are essential for search engine rankings because your title and description are what users see in the search results.
- 99.99% uptime and unlimited bandwidth. A reliable user experience is critical for search engine rankings. Not only can errors can hurt your rankings directly, but an unreliable user experience will also cause visitors to hit the Back button. This causes your bounce rate to increase, thereby signaling to Google that visitors aren’t finding what they’re looking for on your site. As a result, your rankings drop. Thankfully, Web.com is one of the most reliable hosting providers available.
- Mobile-friendly themes. Web.com offers a number of responsive themes, which means that your website adapts to all screen sizes and dimensions. Google has stated that responsive design is their preferred mobile configuration, and this type of user-friendly layout can also reduce your bounce rate.
- Dedicated SEO experts. For an additional fee, Web.com will even connect you with your own dedicated SEO professional. Your search guru will optimize your back end from top to bottom and even build high-value links to your website.
Skyy Ghana is an excellent budget solution for users who want a lot of capabilities but not a lot of legwork. Best of all, the company offers unlimited storage and bandwidth, so it really is a tremendous value.